Wonder of wonders

Monday, July 13, 2009

Today has been a spectacular day.


This morning I was so busy at work I did not even notice that I missed my ritual 10:30 granola bar. The afternoon was so slow that I cleaned out the microwave. I finally had the time and motivation on the same day, which is rare. Much like a detective, I traced where the grease on my desk was coming from. From the condition of the microwave it appeared as though someone has been eating warm butter for lunch. It wasn't me because I eat mine cold, keeps the microwave cleaner.

Two adventurous friends came to my nursing home clogging performance and they made it extra awesome with the signs they brought. They had great phrases such as- Clog It Up, Elisa! It doesn't get much better than that. As far as the actual dancing, it was not my best night- though probably entertaining. Andrea, my clogging cohort braved the front row very well. I did fare better than the lady that fell. Bless her heart.

Even my (near daily) walmart run was exciting. I only had to buy for toilet paper and anti-nausea medicine-but that is another story for another time. I was about to get in my car when I heard someone call my name. I turned to see my roomate-turned-best friend from college. She just flew in yesterday for a three week practicum, or something of that sort. She didn't have my number or know where I live and I am not on facebook or myspace. So, she found me at walmart. I will let you extract the moral there.

The fun doesn't end though. In my mailbox this evening there was a letter from Ethiopia where my friend/old roomate resides.

I am kind of bracing myself for a let-down tomorrow because really, what else could happen?

3 comments:

Ben Schnell said...

Hey! I'm glad you had such a spectacular day. Your clogging event was a highlight of the summer, I loved it! The lady who fell... I didn't know if I should laugh or call 911, but I have to admit I'm still tempted to do the former. thanks for being a cool friend

Miss Jehle said...

Wal-mart parking lots...bringing people together. Glad I could spend part of this spectacular day with you!

Andrea said...

I don't know about braving the front row. I tripped a couple times and almost joined the fallen lady. It's a good thing we have Kathy to distract everyone with her moves, and cool friends who think we're cool anyway.