looney tunes

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

When I tell people my goals/dreams/what I am aiming to do with my life I get uncomfortable.


If what I want to do with my life is what I want to do- then why does it have to scare me so badly. Even the vulnerability of discussing it is almost too much at times.

This discomfort generally holds me captive but sometimes the clouds pass and I take a look forward. I annoy myself at how dramatic I get about it all because, hey. Its life. Everyone else is on this journey too. Figuring things out. My little problems are really so insignificant in the scheme of things.

Anyways, my point is I have been trying to figure things out or whatever and it is so hard. I don't know all the steps of how to get there but I know the next one. Is it really what I want though? I get all doubtful and overwhelmed so easily that taking that one step I see in front of me nearly causes me to break out in hives. Well, I think it would but I wouldn't know because I have been on a path of avoidance for a few years.

On a different note: broiled grapefruit is so good. I highly recommend it.
Halve and segment a grapefruit (cut around the segments as you usually would when eating with a spoon) sprinkle a bit of brown sugar on top of the grapefruit and then place it in the oven under the broiler for about 5-7 minutes. Basically deliciousness though I am a bit partial to grapefruit myself.


10 comments:

laSonya said...

go for it Eilsa! I'll be cheering for you from the side lines!!

ps it's snowing!

Emily said...

Does grapefruit have something to do with your next step in life? I love you!

BrittanyK said...

All I can say is that I'm proud of you. Oh yeah, and that broiled grapefruit is good. Really, really good.

Miss Jehle said...

I just ate a grapefruit! I wish it had been broiled.

Have I told you to read The Alchemis yet? It feels a little New Age-y, but if you can get beyond that, I think you could relate.

Miss Jehle said...

*The Alchemist

Elisa said...

Grapefruit just happened to be the last yummy thing I ate.

Emily said...

Ah! broiled... not boiled. I was beginning to question your culinary taste.

Author said...

I'm sorry your stressed about your future. I'm stressed about mine too. I'm sure we aren't the only two.

I'm also going to get some grapefruit and try it broiled. That sounds delicious!

chelsea said...

I relate. To the first part of your blog. I don't relate to a broiled grapefruit.

laSonya said...

I forgot to tell you Valintina sends her greetings! She works at Fredheim now! I almost cried when I saw her and was talking to her because I was so excited :) Then it made me miss you and wish you could be here too.