Wednesday, December 15, 2010
I have been trying to evangelize my friends about the goodness of cheese on a stick for a long time but its been tough because I haven't found any eatery that offers it in this region.
As a youth I ate cheese on a stick all the time at the mall. Maybe even every time I went but please understand, I didn't go all that often, we're talking twice a month, maybe. I don't really know but I did gain some weight which just resulted in more shopping at the mall. One cheddar, one pepper jack and a refreshing fresh squeezed lemonade, please.
When Amanda went to Oklahoma with me on Thanksgiving break I solemnly promised her that we would go to the wonderful mall food court that sold cheese on a stick. It should be noted that we did not shop at the mall but at a wonderful store, Name Brand Clothing, which is like thrifting but the clothes are new. My cousin went with us and when I started to explain that we had a stop to make after our shopping for some cheese on a stick and how its so yummy and hard to find in other places, she was all, "I know, I know, you tried to take me to cheese on a stick years ago." I had forgotten but turns out it was about eleven years ago.
I have been trying to tell people to eat their cheese fried for so long. Since I have aged and matured over the years its almost hard for me to endorse this kind of eating cause its so bad for you but guys, it is so good.
10 comments:
I don't believe you that its good. but I will try it for the sake of fairness if I ever get the opportunity. hopefully i won't...
It's basically a cheese stick on a stick. That makes sense that it would taste good.
So it's cheese... but on a stick?
I don't get it.
Maybe next year we can get pepperjack!
Or maybe...you should start a cheese-on-a-stick stand in Chattanooga!
Not gonna lie, it looks yucky
I've definitely been evangelized, but still haven't tasted and seen that it is good yet. One day maybe. At least the pictures help me visualize it a little better. :)
You'd be right at home in Prague, where you can get a big block of smažený sýr at any good Czech restaurant.
If you offered me fried cheese on a stick, I'd eat it. Definitely.
Somehow, I don't think that I have ever eaten fried cheese on a stick. I also do not recall allowing any of younger siblings under my care ever order such abominable things at the food court. I think you must have gone to the mall alot more often than I did.
I will relent on the 3.00 mexican pizzas. but this cheese on a stick is too much ;)
i remember when you went to do this.
That looks really gross. But if I ever get the chance to try it, I will. But please know that it's only because I know that your love language is gifts, and my gift to you would be clogged arteries. You're welcome.
Post a Comment